Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard

Although its acronym predates OSHA, HAZWOPER describes OSHA-required regulatory training. Its relevance dates to World War II, when waste accumulated during construction of the atomic bomb at the Hanford Site. Years later, high-profile environmental mishaps spurred federal legislative action, awakening the U.S. to the need to control and contain hazardous waste.

OSHA has developed the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) program to protect workers at hazardous sites. These extensive regulations ensure their safety and health when followed correctly. All of our courses comply with OSHA regulations. Receive your certification with our 24- or 40-hour course, or renew your HAZWOPER certification with our 8-hour refresher.

HAZWOPER applies to five groups of employers and their employees. This includes employees who are exposed to hazardous substances and who are engaged in one of the following operations as specified by OSHA regulations.

Cleanup operations required by a governmental body involving hazardous substances conducted at uncontrolled hazardous-waste sites.

Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976 (RCRA).

Voluntary cleanup operations at sites recognized by a federal, state, local, or other governmental body as uncontrolled hazardous-waste sites.

Operations involving hazardous waste which are conducted at treatment, storage and disposal facilities regulated by Title 40 of the Code of Federal Regulations, parts 264 and 265 pursuant to the RCRA, or by agencies under agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to implement RCRA regulations.

The most commonly used manual for HAZWOPER activities is Department of Health and Human Services Publication 85–115, Occupational Safety and Health Guidance Manual for Hazardous Waste Site Activities. Written for government contractors and first responders, the manual lists safety requirements for cleanups and emergency-response operations.




To become an Insurance Adjuster, you need either the ALL LINES or PROPERTY & CASUALTY license. AdjusterLicenseOnline with TXALA offer both of these licenses through TEXAS. Why Texas? Texas literally wrote the book on Insurance. Because they did such a good job, over 30 other states ‘adopted’ the Texas license via reciprocity. This give you a virtual nationwide reach in working claims. Even if you have a license from your home state, you will still want a Texas license. To get started, click Register.


Related  Information:

Continuing Education

Adjuster License

State Farm Certification