Insurance Adjuster License

insurance adjuster license
To get started in this lucrative career, you need either the ALL LINES or PROPERTY & CASUALTY license.  Even though there are only two courses offered, there is another option that most successful adjusters have chosen… They have gotten their All Lines or P&C licenses from TEXAS!


The Texas License is ESSENTIAL for a lucrative career

The Texas Adjuster License (All Lines or P&C) are the most respected licenses in the country, which makes these licenses the most profitable.

Texas was the state that literally wrote the book on Insurance. Because it is so comprehensive and so well done, most states recognize Adjuster Licenses from Texas as valid in their own state. As an adjuster with a Texas License, you have the ability to work claims in over 30 states. This gives you a large geographical range in which to operate.

The All Lines Adjuster License is the broadest license available. It allows an adjuster to work the following claims: Residential | Commercial | Auto | Farm and Ranch | Inland Marine | Ocean Marine and Worker’s Compensation.

State exams are notoriously difficult. Pre-licensing courses are designed to be as student friendly as possible. So Texas allows students to take approved pre-licensing courses rather than the state insurance adjuster exams. TXALA – Course Approval No. 108197 & 101186.

The Texas license, makes a Texas adjuster a valuable addition to any roster.

Over 30 states grant reciprocal licensing to insurance adjusters with a Texas Adjuster License. You still have to apply for the licenses in those state. But there is NO further exam requirements. With just one exam, you can have in essence, an insurance adjuster license in over 30 states!

As in any industry, you have to position yourself to be the best candidate possible for the job. Having an Adjuster License with Texas, gives you reciprocity in over 30 states. This makes you a more attractive prospect. Most successful adjusters have the Texas license. Even if you are just wanting to be a Staff Adjuster, having a Texas License is still recommended. Staff Adjusters occasionally do travel to other states. Bottom line, it is a serious resume enhancement for a Staff Adjuster and a must have for an Independent Adjuster.


Insurance Adjuster license
Insurance Adjuster license

If you are ready for a new career as an
Insurance Claims Adjuster,



 Related Information:




Becoming an Adjuster

Earnings Potential

Getting Started as an Adjuster

FAQs – Texas license


Insurance Adjuster License